BENJAMIN L. WATSON, JR
(912) 547-4063 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.linkedin.com/in/watsonbenjamin10
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Scheller College of Business Atlanta, GA
Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Graduated with Highest Honors May 2019
• Completed pro bono work for non-profit Georgia Works to decrease homelessness in Atlanta.
• Leadership: Scheller MBA Admissions Ambassador.
THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA Athens, GA
Bachelor of Science, Environmental Economics and Management May 2013
AMAZON Seattle, WA
Manager of Category Management February 2022 – Present
• Led the wholesale B2B business for all of Amazon’s CPG categories; Managed a team of Sr. Category Managers focused
on defining and executing overall strategy for wholesale B2B sales growth, profitability, pricing, selection, supply chain
optimization, and marketing. (categories: Grocery, Beauty, Baby, Health and Personal Care, and Pets).
• Directly managed $1B+ business P&L and grew the business by 20% YoY.
• Conducted regular business reviews as a mechanism for maintenance on the business to keep it growing efficiently.
• Focused on developing a high performing team through hiring, training, coaching, and skill development.
Sr. Product Manager August 2020 – January 2022
• Drove improvements to both Vendor Flex and Direct Fulfillment Products to enable dropshipping from suppliers’
warehouses directly to Amazon customers, driving supply chain cost savings and logistical efficiencies.
• Generated $65M+ in FCF savings and $170M+ in supply chain cost savings – the highest recorded savings ever for these
products, awarding me a Top Tier performance rating as the top 20% in the company.
• To scale the business, built new training seminars internally to provide resources and education to drive new warehouse
launches with new and existing suppliers.
• Mentored new and tenured Amazonians in various roles across the company to grow and develop talent.
Sr. Instock Manager July 2019 – July 2020
• Improved Out of Stock rate from 17% to under 3% in 2020 during the high demand spikes in COVID pandemic by
improving forecasting and prioritizing future ordering for high demand items such as household essentials with top vendors.
• Drove improvements to Forecasting, Out of Stock Rates, Supplier Purchase Order Confirmation Rates, Unhealthy
Inventory Levels, and Speed metrics within the Premium Beauty Business.
• Provided strategic supply chain recommendations for top suppliers to drive improvements to the business, implementing
techniques such as cross docking, dropshipping, new warehouse locations, pallet ordering, and full truckload ordering.
NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Pensacola, FL
Strategy Consultant Intern May 2018 – August 2018
• Successfully led and delivered the labor strategy for the Real Estate Lending Operations, the fastest growing business unit.
• Conducted internal database research to give recommendations for Navy Federal’s database structure and what systems
they use to store and share data internally. Part of the recommendation saved Navy Federal $40K per year by automating a
task completed by 1 fulltime employee.
ROBERT HALF TECHNOLOGY Charlotte, NC
Sr. Lead Recruiter October 2016 – June 2017
Sr. Recruiter January 2016 – October 2016
Technical Recruiter January 2015 – January 2016
• Ranked as #1 producer on team of 4 recruiters that connected IT professionals with the right company across all industries.
• Produced over $65,000 in Gross Margin within first year of employment and $230,000 in Gross Margin during second year.
• Assessed client staffing requirements and delivered human capital technology solutions that best fit their business needs.
• Improved team performance by sharing my best practices and leading trainings for new recruiters. Conducted educational
training sessions on new technologies in the market to the entire division.
• Met with C-suite executives to identify their IT project goals to make strategic staffing recommendations.
RESOURCE & LAND CONSULTANTS Savannah, GA
Environmental Consulting Firm specializing in natural resource management for landowners
Project Manager July 2013-January 2015
• Successfully managed and delivered multiple wetlands and land management projects while growing client relationships.
• Made strategic recommendations for the private landowners, acting as a consultant/mediator between landowners and
federal/state regulatory agencies.
• Utilized the mapping software ARCGIS, executed wetland, stream, and dock permitting, and environmental reports.
• Conducted fieldwork such as mitigation monitoring, wetland delineation, and government regulated site visits.
CONGRESSMAN JACK KINGSTON, 1st DISTRICT OF GEORGIA Washington, D.C.
Congressional Staff Intern Summer 2012
• Led U.S. Capitol tours, attended Congressional committee meetings, executed political blogs, and utilized social media.
Skills: P&L Business Management, Product and Project Management, Supply Chain Optimization, Inbounding
and Procurement, Free Cash Flow generation, Forecasting, Marketing, Strong Communication skills,
Coaching and Talent Development, Strong Collaborator, SQL coding, Understanding of IT Network and
System Infrastructure, RStudio, SAS, Gephi, ArcGIS, Tableau, XAMPP, and Social Media recruiting.
International: The International Summer School (Innsbruck, Austria). Medical Mission Trip (Honduras), Centro Mundo
Lengua School (Seville, Spain).
Languages: Basic understanding of Spanish.